Wednesday 28 May 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD


I have just been nominated for the Liebster award.
This is a virtual award given by other bloggers, but it also comes with 10 questions from those that nominate you or award you with the Liebster.

I am very honored that fellow bloggers have taken a shine to my corner of travel tales around the globe. I am grateful to bloggers Stefania from The Italian backpacker, John Roberts from In the loop travel and Amalia from Amalia vida and Bianca Malata from It´s all bee for nominating me. Make sure to check these guys out! I am so behind schedule with this post as Amalia and Stefania nominated me a months ago, later on John did it too and I just received another nomination from Bianca via Twitter. Finally I´m getting around to do it and properly acknowledge the honor. Thank you to all four of you and I apologize for being so useless.


The rules are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions by the nominee before you.
3. Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs and notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.

So, here it goes ...

I was asked ...

Questions from Bianca Malata from It´s all bee:

1. Who or what has inspired you to travel?
I really don´t know. No one in my family is into travelling, maybe the spirit of adventure, the urge to explore the unknown I got from the the adventure novels I was always reading as a child
Inka trail in Ecuador
2. What do your friends and family think about your blogging or travels?
Well, friends are happy for me but my parents definitely want me to settle down, have a family and work as an engineer, they think I had enough of fun around the world :)

3. Other than your passport and ticket, what are the 5 items that you will not travel without?
Ticket? That wouldn´t be in Top 10 for sure...Unless I need to go to South America as quick as possible :). So...Head torch, contact lenses pack, camera, pocket knife, sarong.. Toilet paper is pretty important too, simple but essential in some countries :)

4. Out of all the places you have visited so far which has surprised you the most?
Uzbekistan - I had no expectations at all when I crossed the border and found more than 300 stunningly beautiful mosques in Bukhara.
5. What do you enjoy most, solo or accompanied travel and why?
I think I prefer travelling alone - this way I´m never alone! You meet much more people when you travel solo than travelling with friend(s) or boy(girl)friend.

6. What is the best meal your ever tasted from your trips around the world?
Best meal...mmm, it´s difficult to choose just one but I remember that food in Malaysia was making me extremely happy, especially that peanut sauce for the satay... or the epic Tom Yam in Thailand or Encebollado en Ecuador
Encebollado
Chicken satay with peanut sauce
7. All expense paid trip, where would you go?
Antarctica
Source: http://www.newyorkdailysun.com
8. Which place is your hidden gem 'e.g a place that you loved, but is little known among other travelers.
Venezuela. It´s not a common destinations for backpackers (unless they are from Argentina) because of the political situation there but it´s so interesting! Almost like communism but not exactly. And no tourist, no backpackers, only Venezuelans on the weekend..you can have an island just for yourself on weekdays.

9. What advice would you give to someone starting out on a journey of world travels?
Forget about your fears and just go, everything will be just fine and you will never be alone!

10.Where are you heading to next?
Greece and the Balkans. It´s my homeland but I never really got to travel there..too busy exploring the other side of the planet :)

The nominees:

1. Marina from Gypsy trips
2. Kaya from The bare foot print
3. Erika from Traveling to live
4. Angela from Angela travels
5. Jakub and Jowita from Polacos de Polonia
6. Hussain and Mariam from Dilmuni couple
7. Dan and Linda from As we saw it
8. Tanbay and Laura from Travelling Weasels
9. Boyan from Going crazy places
10. Joao from Nomad revelations

My question to the nominees:

1. When and where was the first time ever you went on a trip/vacation abroad?
2. What have you sacrificed to travel so far? 
3. What´s the most unusual thing you´ve ever eaten?
4. Have you felt a strong connection to a place you´ve been to and even wanted to stay there forever?
5. Do you get the post-travelling depression when you get back home after a long travel?
6. Have you ever been robbed or mugged while travelling? 
7. Beach, mountain or jungle?
8. What do you miss the most from normal life while globetrotting?
9. Do you volunteer while travelling and which one is your kind of voluntary job: hostels, surf camps, Eco farms, orphanages, animal sanctuaries...
10. Your next destination?




No comments:

Post a Comment